Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 10, 2011

What's all the racket?

I went out to check on the chickens this a.m. and most of them met me at the fence.


So I made my way around the pen and opened up the lay boxes to see if there where any eggs in them.



Why, Yes! There was a Chicken in them! haha


I excused myself (haha) and kind of hung around the coop to wait for Mama Golden to get done. I'm glad I did hang out - listen to this racket!




She was soon joined by a Rhode Island Red...I guess to keep her company? Or maybe she was watching to see how it was done?


I keep opening the lay box door to check o the progress. I think you can tell how much she appreciated it. haha


Is there *Finally* an egg under there? (after an hour of waiting & racket!)


Yep! I think maybe tomorrow we could possibly have TWO eggs waiting for us. I think that Red wants to get in some egg laying action!

3 comments:

G&K said...

Cool. I've been keeping an eye on our chickens too. They're 18-weeks-old today. Hopefully, we'll have some eggs soon. Did you catch my post last Tuesday. One of our dogs got one of the Brown Leghorn hens, so we only have 3 white-egg layers now along with the 11 brown layers.

Heather Merritt said...

Yeah, I commented on your facebook page. :*( Sad.

I only have the one chicken who's laying - hopefully more next week. Yours should kick in any day, too!

G&K said...

Whoohoo, I found two eggs this evening. Dang chickens laid them on the floor though. ;-)