Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 9, 2011

CCCD Chicken Coop Cleaning Day!

Dirty Open Pin - put some watermelon out there to bribe them into one area. Worked pretty well! *note the corn cob leftovers.


Little Bit up on the perch - He hung out with me the whole time. Followed me into every coop I went in to.


Cleaning up the main coop - already got most of it out at this point, but Joey obliged a photo.


Cleanly swept main coop. Aztek checking out the newly clean coop. Check the dirty coop in the background -that's where we head next!


Finally cleaned out the closed in coop. Of course Little Bit was hanging out with me. He'd occasionally growl at me if I swept too close to him, but for the most part, he just wanted to see what I was up to.


Luke helped tidy up the open coop, including snipping some roots out.


Clean coops and fresh watermelon! Oh and there come Little Bit, right on time asking "whatcha doin' now?"


Joey put up the oyster shell feeder. Note the chicken footprints in the freshly swept sand. I thought that was cool.


Chickens wanting to know what Joey was doing over there.


Barred Rocks are at 14 weeks right now - they'll be laying in about 3 more weeks also!


I can't believe this Americana had the watermelon all to herself!


Hard to get a good shot of Little Bit when he's being so camera shy - but I figured he deserved some extra attention since he help us out so much today! :)

No comments: