Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hot and Busy day!

Well, we started at the the crack of 8am this morning. All three kiddos and I headed to meet my mom at the Statesboro Farmer's Market for some fresh corn!

Well, we found corn and so much more! We got 4 lbs of snap beans and 4 dozen ears of corn. The kiddos shucked and silked the corn and as a reward, got to swim in Grandma's pool. Meanwhile, Grandma Deb gave me a lesson in canning beans and freezing corn!


Perfect portions for a family of 5!

So here are the $.50 squash plants we got (6 of them) so we'll see how they turn out.


We put the corn cobs in the worm bin for some fresh food and good compost!

We're finally seeing the first fruits of the garden.

Poor hot babies! See her wallow in the cool dirt, and shake herself off!

Ol' Jr. is still at it - he's so hot he's dropped his wings to air his body out. Still too pretty for his own good tho. ;)


I took some videos - as soon as they upload, I'll post them.

No comments: