Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Merritt Tradition - Luke & The Handcuffs that are Real

Story Originally Posted on December 17, 2007 - Ahhhh Memories!
Read on & Enjoy!
So - my mother in law came over today to get the kids for a special christmas something they are going to do tomorrow at her house. While we were showing her all our Christmas Decorations - Luke was out in her vehicle "looking for gum". What he found was a pair of handcuffs in her glove compartment. (My Father in law keeps them - get this - just in case he ever needs to make a citizens arrest.)

Here is the story of "Luke and the Handcuffs that are real.

Daddy - look what I found!


Why don't you just push the button?


Drawing a crowd now.


Mom, please stop taking pictures.


Daddy, Push the button! Luke, son, there is no button.


MOM! QUIT TAKING THE DOGGON PICTURES!!


"I've done everything I know to do"


Here we go -



MOM! Quit with the Pictures!


They may have to chop your hand off!


Even the receptionist was giggling


Oh Luke, here's the Police man.


I told him you got a sad face at school today!


MOM! Stop taking pictures!


"Ma'am, my key isn't working. I'm going to need backup"


Merry Christmas from the Merritt Family


"Backup is here"


"Who did this to you son?"



"I did"


"Why did you do that"


"I was looking or Grandma's Gum"


"I'm sorry son, I can't get it undone!"


Time to head across the street.



"We've been expecting you"


"So what's the problem?"


And here's how it played out...










"Now don't do that again, son"


That wasn't so bad!


"I saw the Firemen & the Police!"


Luke, will you do that again?



Maybe ;)
 
 
 
And here is the REST of the story!

Dal Canady, WTOC TV Channel 11 News


Luke, Grandma & Torri ( Luke is taking after his momma with the camera!)


Lights....Camera....Action!



Great Job Guys!
Thanks for being such a great sport, Dal!


Dal Cannady, Heather & Luke
Can't wait until Tonight @ 6!!


Story Aired on WTOC News Friday, December 21st

2 comments:

Heather M said...

The story on WTOC

The Story HERE WTOC.COM

dvcrztb said...

Surprised that they used the jaws of life right next to his arteries in the wrist. I'd have felt more comfortable on the other side of the wrist. What drama! A Christmas he will tell his grand kids about.